Look What I Did On Independence Day!

Whilst Sully was getting his snootful of catnip I was transplanting marigolds all over the yard.

I decided to transplant the two plants I had growing in the clay pots.

They were getting sickly. They were pretty root bound when I transplanted them.

I won’t be surprised if the sicker of the two doesn’t survive.

I also transplanted eleven seedlings that I had in some peat pods to this flower bed. One of these may not make it in the big world either.

I started near the deck steps and continued along the tie to the other end where I transplanted the healthier of the clay pot plants.

2016 Garden161


Then I was off to the backyard to transplant this bunch.

2016 Garden167

I planted 15 seedlings in the strawberry / pepper patch. I don’t think all of them will survive as some of them were small or sickly.

The other area was the east end garden with the yellow squash and turnips which David planted.

I planted seven to fill in the corner where I had transplanted my first batch of marigolds.

I then transplanted 6 more in line with the original batch.

I think the ones in the squash area will all survive they were some of the bigger healthier seedlings.


So all totaled I transplanted 39 seedlings and two plants.

I will give them about a week to see how many were survivors. 🙂

Image

Happy s”MOTHER”ed Day from Chadron Nebraska!

I think I will have a grilled steak and a nice glass of tea on the patio for Mother’s Day!

I Think It Is Feeling a bit Like Spring!!

We are still here in Nebraska at our home base. It was 50 degrees at 6:30 this morning and the forecast calls for a high of 74 today with a light wind 5-15 mph. Sounds like a laundry drying kind of day to me! So I hung a load of shirts out to dry.

It is also a good day to start doing some of the spring cleaning yard work. Dave got out a rake and worked on this area of the yard. I helped move obstacles around so he could get under them. Then we moved the old awning off BOB to an older spot of the garden area. We rolled it out and placed tires on the ends to keep it in place. The bind weed is bad here so we hope to starve it out. This will also attract fishing worms.  🙂  So we can peek under it every now and then for them. Oh, need to get those fishing licenses too!

We also need to deal with all the gopher and mole mounds.  We have had some busy ones. They put a large stock pile inside the bottomless old goat house.  Dave will move the dirt to the new garden area he wants to start.